The next day, I decided to walk the Norfolk coastal path in the westerly/northerly direction. Again the walk took me along the clifftops, with wonderful sea views, the first thing I saw was a coastguard observation station.
Next I walked past Sheringham golf course with all its fairways an orange colour thanks to the summer heat and drought, only the greens looked normal. After this, the path took me to the National Trust owned Sheringham Park, although no one was in the park at the time. I saw the North Norfolk railway line in the distance with a train steaming along.
Then I reached the village of Weybourne whose station I was at few days earlier. Weybourne feels more like a hamlet than a village, world war two pillboxes sit amongst the houses, staring out to sea for an enemy which never came. The main thing to note here was the windmill, Weybourne Mill. A very impressive structure which served its use to grind grain, now standing idle.
By then I turned and headed back on the same trail to Sheringham, a wonderful way to spend a Summer’s day in England.
No comments:
Post a Comment