After concluding my walk on the Norfolk coastal path, I spent the rest of the day in the seaside town and former crab fishing town of Cromer. The first thing that struck me was the wonderful beaches, followed by a the pretty town itself. I did not avail myself to the pier, but I did go into the museum. It was £5 at the door and it dealt with prehistoric history of the area in addition to its fishing industry. The ground floor area had display of ice age and much older fossils, the rooms upstairs focused on the Cromer’s days as fishing port and the lives of those who worked in it.
There was display of paintings in another building featuring a local artist. It was well worth the ticket price and a good way to while away the afternoon.
Before I took the bus back to Sheringham I had a good look inside the St Peter and St Paul church which dominated the town skyline. It’s nice to be in an urban area without skyscrapers and the church tower is the tallest building. All in all, I had a splendid day out.
No comments:
Post a Comment