Pages

Monday 7 September 2015

Sid Meier's pirates - a more in depth review

I have been playing this game on my PSP now for a few days and I must admit it has exceeded my expectations.  The character has a finite number of pirating years - 26 in fact - and I have taken him to retirement.  Since then I have restarted again.  During the game play my character has defeated 5 historical pirates, married a governor's daughter, found a Inca city and capture several criminals in the name of the English crown.  The only two things I have not yet achieved is to find a historical pirate's hidden treasure and more importantly free any of his held loved ones.  The main goal is to find his relatives and free them but as with all strategy games of this type, one be distracted by the secondary goals.  In my current adventure, I am the number one pirate in the Spanish main, so I cannot dock at any Spanish held ports.  I can if I want to, try to take the port, with a turn based land battle, but I have not yet tried it.

To be fair to the writers, they have done well because the PSP is not amenable to real time strategy games and there are faults which are obvious such as boats sailing over small islands and coral reefs.

I think alot of background research and thought has been put to its development.

I will post some more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment