Pages

Thursday 17 September 2015

Paperboy

Back in the mid-80's the Tories were in power, Labour was unelectable, Apple only made computers, you can only make calls at payphones while you were out and there was  one arcade game that everyone wanted to play at the amusement arcade - Paperboy. I remember many weekends at the amusements place next to Mumbles pier in Swansea spending my time and 10p pieces playing this and trying to make it to the end of the round. Now I play Paperboy on my PSP as part of the Midway Arcade Treasures game disk for the PSP.  It is a very true recreation of the 80s classic with the block pixel graphics and the old enemies are back, such as the drunk, the two men fighting, a swarm of bees, a breakdancer and a skateboarder. So far the longest I lasted was until Wednesday, one thing that mystified me was why the burglar kept trying to break in at the side window when it would be much more discreet trying it at the back.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment