Pages

Monday 12 October 2015

The History Channel:Great battles of Rome

After playing a few battle scenarios on the campaign and the quick play mode, alas, the bad reviews of this game have been confirmed.  I admit, I did not buy this game, but downloaded it free, so I did not have the instructions for it. But I eventually worked things out to an extent.  First thing that it lacked was a tutorial, that is, how to read the unit statuses, how to move troops, how to withdraw troops etc.  After working things out for myself I tried out the campaign.  Your object is to win battles, winning battles gets your money and fame in order to build and equip a better army to fight better opponents.  This is all well and good, I found a major handicap is that you can only move 1 unit at the time, using the thumb stick.  Next the screen was a major limitation, it was very difficult work out what was actually happening without constantly checking the battle status of each individual unit. 
I only give this game 4 out of 10 and if you want historical based strategy games I suggest you stick to your old humble PC. But nice try anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment