Pages

Friday 9 October 2015

Snoopy and the great battles of Rome

Lately I have acquired 2 PSP games from net, Snoopy vs Red Baron and History Channel: Great battles of Rome.

SVRB is a third person flight simulator, where our hero flies a Sopwith Camel to duel with the Red Baron.  So far I am still in training mode, and in the actual game itself, your character does not die when the plane crashes or gets hit, instead you lose 'health'. Also there is a stunt indicator and the higher its value, the more stunts like loops and spins you can do.  You can top up your health by flying to hovering mugs of root beer.  It is clearly aimed at a younger audience and I find it quite enjoyable.  Because the plane is much simpler, it is easier to handle than the jet fighters in Air Conflicts.  It has a been given a good review by the critics and I will certainly give it my full test.

HC:GBOR is an attempt at a Total War or Age of Empires real time battle strategy type game on the Sony PSP. I do understand that PSP's controls do not lend itself to this type of game, as a mouse is what is needed.  This game has negative reviews so I will see whether they are justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment