Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Imperial war museum - a review

During my recent trip to the UK, I visited the Imperial War Museum for the first time in nearly a decade, and below is my review for Tripadvisor.



This is an institution that I have visited more than a dozen times but which I have not been to for nearly a decade.  I was pleasantly surprised that even though it was re-decorated it was still the same and enhanced with new technology to improve the learning experience.  In the main foyer there was a burnt and bombed out vehicle from Baghdad which was caught up in a suicide bombing, a very apt reminder of the troubles facing the world today.  I only spent the morning there this time and I used it to re-acquaint myself with the WWI exhibition.  It now has touch screen displays and various interactive items.  I was particularly moved by the trenches display since it was the 100th anniversary of the battle of the Somme.  After viewing, I availed myself to a very good value and tasty main course for lunch at its restaurant.  Very well recommended for families and history buffs alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment