Pages

Saturday 27 August 2016

Empire Total War

In the past few weeks I have been playing the Empire Total War strategy game on my PC.  It is not the latest output on the franchise but it is definitely a step up from Rome Total War 2 and Medieval Total War 2.  There are now advanced real time naval battles that uses the available naval warfare techniques at the time and when you play in campaign mode, there is more than the upkeep of your armed forces to monitor.  I am playing the "Road to Independence" campaign which is about the creation of the USA from being a small group of settlers fighting and trading with the native Americans. Then it moves to the Anglo-French American war and then onto the American War of independence which is the stage I am at right now.  Basically you are trying to emulate George Washington.  My only complaint is the quality of the enemy forces during the real time battles, they seem to lack co-ordination or co-operation, meaning that the battles I have fought so far have been easily won unless I am vastly outnumbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment