Pages

Friday 30 December 2016

Empire Total War 2016-12-30

The Maratha Confederacy unit has this annoying habit of appearing from nowhere to invade your regions, and this happened again when it decided to attack my Spanish region.  Luckily I had my army stationed in the fortress in Madrid.  After losing my first siege battle to them, I reloaded the save file and took them on again but this time using different tactics.  My failed tactic involved placing my troops on the walls which does not work well when the enemy has artillery of any sort even light cannons.  The destruction of the walls led to the destruction of army units and once the artillery was done the Indian infantry moved in to destroy my remaining troops.

On my second attempt, I placed my army on the ground inside the walls and placed my cannons at the points where the cannons were likely to breach the walls.  My infantry would be placed behind my cannons.  Sure enough the Indian artillery created breaches but failed to kill any of my soldiers.  However, when the Maratha infantry attacked the fortifications they were mown down by cannon and gunfire. Although I won, my army still suffered a 35% casualty rate, this was victory Stalingrad style.


No comments:

Post a Comment