Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Warhammer 40,000 Squad Command

This week I started playing Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command on the Sony PSP.  It is turn based strategy from Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k series.  This was my first time at playing Warhammer 40k in any guise since I was not into the legendary 1980's strategy game which this is based on.  I find it extremely challenging and took me many attempts to get past the first level. In essence, you control a unit of super soldiers and you must achieve a certain goal to pass that level. This could be killing all the enemy units, killing a certain enemy, taking over a place or building, etc.

What is different about this game is that your characters each have a limited number of action points and this limits how far your character can move and how many shots it can fire. The further it moves, the less it can fire and vice versa.  This makes it different from the other PSP strategy game, Field Commander.

An interesting part is that units from both sides can shoot even though it is not its respective term, so your units can be killed when it is your turn.

I need to get pass a few more levels before I can give a clear rating on this game, but here is a sample from Youtube.


No comments:

Post a Comment