Pages

Friday 20 November 2015

Paris 2015


Last Saturday morning(14th November HK time), I heard the horrible news about the events in Paris. This is a city that's very close to my heart. I have been there many times, including a 3 month stint in 1998. During that time I have been to Saint Denis, on one occasion but did not go into the stadium.

The rest of the attacks took place in the 11th arrondisment, which I am not very familiar with, I do recollect visiting the Place de la Nation, where the Boulevard Voltaire suicide bombing took place.

And I haven't previously heard of the theatre Bataclan and the Eagles of Death Metal who were performing that dreadful night.  It's a sad thing that I heard about the theatre and the band due to this horrible event.

I later found that Eagles of Death Metal recorded a death metal cover of one of my favourite songs - 'Save a prayer' by Duran Duran.  Here is a live recorded clip of this cover with the Duran Duran boys.  Its difficult to believe that a few weeks after appearing on Chris Evan's show, they would witness death and destruction, where one of their entourage was a victim.

To all the victims, rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment